Right now I had the chance to do a chat on "Utilizing Git Successfully" for the "The Month-to-month Dev" Meetup stream.
I’ve finished some prior posts and talks about Git utilization:
- My 2018 submit Rewriting Your Git Historical past and JS Supply for Enjoyable and Revenue, which defined how I migrated and rewrote your complete historical past and supply code of an current Git repository
- A 2019 discuss on Git Beneath the Hood, which talked about some Git knowledge constructions and strategies
- My latest submit Utilizing Git for Model Management Successfully, which expanded on that discuss to provide much more particulars on tips on how to use Git the precise manner.
Right now’s discuss was a revised model of the discuss from 2019. I coated:
- How Git really shops knowledge internally
- Totally different sorts of instruments you need to use with Git
- Helpful strategies for altering that historical past throughout improvement, comparable to "rebasing" and "cherry-picking"
- Some prompt finest practices for working with Git
Utilizing Git Successfully – slides
The livestream was proven on Youtube and is viewable there: