Sensible Python Initiatives e-book is now out there! Learn to implement 12 end-to-end initiatives to reinforce your Python data.
Hello everybody! 👋 I not too long ago sat down with Justin Duke, an engineer at Stripe, and talked about tech, startups and time administration. Together with a full-time job, Justin runs two startups (Buttondown, Spoonbill), manages two weekly newsletters, runs, and volunteers. Come study how he does all of it!
That is the trial run of a podcast concept I’ve had for some time. I would proceed recording related interviews sooner or later. You may also hearken to this episode on Spotify.
I requested Justin the next questions:
- Justin’s intro
- How do you handle time between all of the totally different initiatives?
- How has stripe been to date and what are you at the moment engaged on?
- Why is it that most individuals I like work at Stripe?
- Ideas about studying the enterprise aspect of issues with the intention to be a greater worker.
- Work-life stability at Stripe vs Amazon?
- Do you’re feeling like you might have a greater work-life stability at Stripe in comparison with Amazon?
- Why work on Buttondown and Spoonbill?
- What’s spoonbill and Buttondown?
- How did you get your first buyer?
- Any assets you used to determine how you can value merchandise?
- What’s the audience of Spoonbill?
- Why go the Open Startup route and share financials?
- The place do you need to take your startups? When will you cease working fulltime?
- No quick plans to concentrate on Buttondown as full time job?
- Any main incidents that stored you awake at night time whereas working your startup?
- How do you utilize greater than 1 electronic mail service supplier?
- Have your aspect initiatives opened any doorways for you?
- How many individuals are utilizing Buttondown?
- As a hacker, how do you divide time between options you want and options you want?
- Any recommendation for folks planning on working a aspect mission?
- Closing remarks
You possibly can observe Justin on Twitter. If in case you have any questions/feedback/suggestions please let me know through Twitter, electronic mail or the remark field under. When you really feel like I missed an essential query, please let me find out about that as effectively! ❤️